Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Goals

I have recently become a part-time stay at home mom. I still work some, though mostly from home, and I also still coach volleyball...but I spend most of my time at home now. In cutting back my income combined with adding a new addition to our family, I began to wonder if there were little things I could do from home to make a little extra income on the side...
I found online surveys, paid email readings, tasks on Amazon and so forth...but more than making extra money, these just made for extra spam in my email inbox...so what else could I do???
My husband and I have always tried to follow a "budget" sort of...but it is in quotes because we always set what we would want to spend and how, but after a few days we would quickly forget anything we had talked about and just become impulse buyers, whether it be eating out or finding something we needed like new jeans...
So now that finances are a little different for us, we decided we would both have closer knowledge of how we are spending our money, thus we now keep track of our spending habits on Mint. This has helped us a lot, especially me and my grocery shopping...thus I have just entered a whole new world...the world of the frugal...and it is my goal to become a card-carrying member of this new-to-me world...

No comments:

Post a Comment