Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Gradual Shift to Drinking Water


My husband made the comment this morning "So, I guess we've totally stopped drinking crystal light, huh?" "Yeah, pretty much. Water seems to be working fine for me, how about you?" "Yep. Wow, how much are we saving now?"

This has been a gradual process for us. I wrote another WFMW post about simplifying. One thing I mentioned was having less drink mixes in the house. I was just trying to reduce clutter and use space better then. But as I started this process, I also started paying a little more attention to just how much we were spending on drink mixes. Not the name brand kind even, we just liked flavored water, and drank A LOT of it! We would make pitchers of it, and could easily go through 2-3 pitchers a day, if not more! And we would have the smaller packets to mix into water bottles when we were out. And these are even more expensive, comparitively.

So, I stopped buying the stuff. Cold turkey. But we had enough of a stock that it took us a while to make it through. We began to get more conservative on how often we would drink the flavored water. We started mixing in drinking more water on some days, and more flavored on other days...

And then, all of a sudden, we were ok with just drinking water. I don't know how long it has been. At least a couple of weeks. And the conversation just came up. It's healthy, easy, takes up less space in our cabinets and our fridge, and costs MUCH less!

It worked for us to make it a gradual, non-shocking process, and it's working for us to drink more plain water. What works for you? Head on over here to find more great success stories!

2 comments:

  1. i am a huge water drinker. it is definitely a cheap, easy, and healthy way to go:)

    thanks for stopping by my site. isn't it crazy, that when you're pregnant, whatever you do (or don't) in the morning sets the stage for your entire day? i didn't eat enough, early enough yesterday, and def paid the price later. babies, good. pregnancy, hard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yep, totally agree, the morning sets the stage for the day!
    thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete