Monday, April 5, 2010

Menu Plan Monday - April 5

I mentioned last week how excited I was to make a special grilled cheese sandwich one day last week, and it totally lived up to all of my expectations and more. Read more about my excitement and the sandwich here.
For the past few months I have experimented with different forms of oatmeal and granola. I have found some good ones, some easy ones, some that I will try again and some that I probably won't. So far, my favorite granola by far is this Baked Granola, with one alteration of using applesauce instead of the oil. I think what I like most about this one is the crunchiness. I still love to try new things and I am going to keep experimenting, and this week I am going to try this baked oatmeal recipe and this granola recipe.
Other meals we will be eating this week:
Egg Salad sandwiches (leftover colored eggs, of course)
Hearty Tomato Soup (out of the freezer)
Smothered Chicken
Caramelized Apple and Cheddar Omelette (same site as the grilled cheese from last week!)
Balsamic Salmon Spinach Salad
I'm pretty excited about our meals this week! For some other great suggestions and meal planning ideas, head on over to Orgjunkie.

No comments:

Post a Comment