Sunday, March 28, 2010

My biggest cupcake ever made!

It wasn't actually the biggest cupcake mold I could have bought, but it was the biggest I have ever made. I used a regular cake mix (not the recipe on the pan) so I could make carrot cake for my mom's birthday, and cream cheese frosting. I don't have an amazing camera or fancy shots, but it was a fun process and wanted to make sure I documented it for future reference.
the bottom
the top
cut a hole in the bottom to add more icing! never too much icing!
ready to finish icing
finished product, ready to be eaten!

It was actually quite simple, the hardest parts were deciding how much to fill the pan (would have rather it overflowed a bit and I cut it down than it was sunken in and sat weird) and then icing the top. But it all worked out!
What I would have done differently: the pan said to not fill more than 3/4 full but I was worried that wouldn't be enough, so I filled it to about 1/2 inch from the top, but I would have gone even closer to the top and then cut the excess.
I also ended up putting some in two small bread pans to cook the extra cake.

2 comments:

  1. where did you get that cake pan from

    ReplyDelete
  2. i got the cake pan from walmart, but they have them many places: walmart, target, michaels, etc.

    ReplyDelete