Friday, February 5, 2010

Filling the Freezer Friday!

I don't usually add an update at the end of the week as to how I have done with my menu planning for the week, but it has been a great week and I am pretty excited. I have been cooking and baking and getting my freezer stocked! I did a good amount on Wednesday just because I got in the mood. Then I had my 34 week check-up yesterday and found out that baby is in the right position and I am starting to dilate, and this got me even more excited to make sure I am getting things done around the house. Not only have I been working on my organizing that I talk about here, but I have also been really good this week about making the meals we are eating as well as making food to store away for when the baby comes.
So, here is my progress and some of the things I have been working on this week:
So far this week we have had:

Cream Slow-Cooker Chicken
Chili Cheese Biscuit Pies
Slow Cooker Turkey Stew
And by the end of today I plan to make the:
Curried Sweet Potato and Apple Soup
Baked Chicken Fingers (maybe...)
I put some of the chicken in the freezer and also plan on putting some of the stew in the freezer.
Other things I have worked on specifically for the freezer (since Sunday):
Baked Oatmeal

Apple and Cheese Pancakes

Blueberry Bread (sorry I don't have a picture for this one...)
Zucchini Bread (my favorite so far!)
 
Broccoli Potato Soup
And some more food for my son that I plan on having done by the end of tomorrow (it helps that we have had lots of snow and are in the middle of a storm again so I am getting lots done inside!):
Pea Soup
...and who knows what else I may come up with...

And some other things I have made just for fun and because I have had the ingredients and because I have had a sweet tooth...

A recipe similar to this but with a store-bought crust, orange jello and mandarin oranges. 
 
And the old standby, Jello and Cool Whip mixed.

Yeah for progress! And also for accountability because now I need to make this stuff I have mentioned above! Good thing I have so much motivation right now! Off I go to get more done!

No comments:

Post a Comment