Monday, May 24, 2010

Menu Plan Monday - May 24


I found myself very inspired last week to make lots of recipes, including some to put away in the freezer for a rainy day. I tried new ones, altered old ones, and found some favorites. I was most excited, though, about finding acceptable ways to get more vegetables in my toddler's diet. I added beets to pancakes after seeing this recipe and then I was inspired and added some pureed spinach to my old faithful baked oatmeal. My son loved both, and he's getting extra veggies!

I also got some cheap apples and zucchini last week and went on a small baking fest:
Zucchini Fries (these were fun!)
Chocolate Cupcakes (I made some alterations based on what I had on hand and not sure if this messed me up or what, but I had a hard time getting them cooked all the way through...but they had good flavor)
Apple Breakfast Bars (need to scroll down; I actually froze them all, so not sure how they turned out)
Chai Apple Bread

This coming week is looking like a week full of vegetables for us. We have a LOT of lettuce from our garden and I am excited to try out some new dressing recipes. And the weather is getting warmer and lighter, more vegetable-filled meals just sound better!

Breakfasts
Baked Oatmeal
Breakfast Cookies 

Lunches
Spinach Salad (have made this before and love it)
Snobby Joes (I've decided recently I want to try my hand at lentils...we'll see...)
Carrot Salad

Dinners
Chicken Salad
Dinner on the Grill
Salad
Corn on the cob

I usually plan more than we need, so we'll see how that goes this week. What's on your menu plan? Head on over to I'm an Organizing Junkie for more great idea!

1 comment:

  1. Those breakfast cookies look awesome! Have you made them before? If so, did they turn out well?

    Ohh... those Snobby Joes look great too. Thanks for the links!

    Cheers,
    Jillian

    ReplyDelete