Tuesday, March 31, 2009

More about spending more to save more

This is part 2.
We are trying so hard right now to save money, and yet, it seems we are spending more than usual. It seems like we have to in order to get on track with our spending. I was watching someone in front of me check out at the grocer store yesterday and looked like she was buying just enough for one meal at dinner and a banana. I was wondering if she was coming to the grocery store to buy one meal because it is cheaper than fast food, but could still only purchase enough for one meal at a time.
I know that, most of the time, buying in bulk can help in saving money. It is more initially out of pocket, but in the long run it can help as far as making meals. This is what I try to do to help save money, cook in bulk and put some in the freezer for later, so I know I have quick meals without spending money on fast food or more expensive pre-packaged food at the store. But if I was really hurting for money I wouldn't be able to do this. I wouldn't have the ability to buy in bulk, and therefore to save money. It all seems so backwards. When you really need to start saving money, you have to spend more to get the process going.
What are ways that you start saving money without having to initally put a lot of money into the process? I would love to hear your ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment