Monday, March 30, 2009

Spending More to Save More

I am definitely at a place in likfe right now where I am trying to be VERY conscious of money that we are spending...doesn't mean we are spending less, just means I am more aware that we are spending A LOT!
We are trying to spend less, at least we are talking about it, but I am finding that to begin trying to be more frugal, there is a period where it seems you have to spend more than usual first. This is only the first of a series of blogs explaining this and other theories that I have on being frugal but still being practical.
We have decided that this is really the year we are going to start a garden. We have talked about it before, but it is official. This is partly because fresh stuff from the garden (anything really) is so much better than anything you can buy in a store. But it is also because it is more cost-friendly to have a garden and grow your own food. Thus, spending more to try and spend less....
We didn't have much at all in the way of tools to work on our yard to even start a garden. So my husband went out today, and spent quite a bit of money so that we can start saving more money on groceries. Manure, grass seed, a hoe, an edger, seeds, weed killer, a trowel, and I don't even know what else...
I'm sure in the long run it will pay off, but it is a little quirky to have to spend more in order to save more...

No comments:

Post a Comment