Friday, April 10, 2009

Friday's Financial Tip-Coffee


MMMMMM...Cooofffeeeee!
I love it! I had no interest in it while I was pregnant (which was probably a good thing anyway) but now that I am no longer pregnant, I love it again!
In the past, I worked at Starbucks for about 3 years and I learned the greatest things about coffee, how to taste it and know where it was from, how to describe it in a mouthwatering way, and how to be a snob about the coffee I chose to drink. Since I no longer work there, and only work part time now, and have a baby...I can't go out everyday and buy myself a cup of my favorite joe. So, I have been trying out different brands, different varieties, trying to find the most frugal yet still delicious cup of coffee!
This is not easy, but I am so excited about the coffee I got in the mail yesterday. I have not tried it yet, but I will very soon. I did the deal that was out in blogger world found through Boca Java where you could pick 4 bags of coffee (granted they are 8 oz bags) for only $4.95, which included shipping. Well, I got my coffee yesterday, less than a week from when I ordered it and now I can enjoy each cup, knowing that I got a great deal and have enough to last until I find the next great deal. Coffee is one of those things I am not willing to totally sacrifice on the taste for the price.

Here are some things you can do if you want to be frugal but don't want to sacrifice taste:
1. Get to know your local coffee store managers, they may want to give you a discount, free cup every now and then, or give you some credit in return for something you can do for them (such as advertising on your blog).
2. Look for deals on line, and don't be afraid of a membership program as long as they state there is no further obligation from you.
3. It is always more frugal to make the coffee at home. Keep trying to get it right, and eventually it will taste better than what you can get in the store.
4. Learn to love coffee and learn to love it black. You will save on creamers and sugars and you can enjoy the coffee purely for what it is!
5. Learn to love cold coffee. If you can't finish the pot you made, don't just dump it, put it in the fridge and make some "iced coffee" for next time!

Enjoy your morning brew!

No comments:

Post a Comment