Thursday, April 30, 2009

Thursday's Simple Tip

There has been a lot in the news recently about the swine flu.
I am not here to talk about it.
Not here to discuss vaccinations and whether or not to get them.
Not here to debate whether schools should close or not.
I am just feeling a strong urge to remind you all of a very simple step you can take to help prevent getting this or any other diseases.

WASH YOUR HANDS

Yep. That's it. That's all I really have to say. It's just that simple.

Wash your hands.

I mean really scrub them. The fast action rubbing back and forth of the palms, enough so they get warm while you are doing it. Now that's a good scrub. You don't know what you've touched, or what has previously touched what you just touched, so treat yourself to a good scrub.

Now don't get me wrong, I am not an overly obsessive type in this area of my life. I am not OCD. I do not carry sanitizer everywhere I go. Well, actually now that I have a baby I do. But it stays in my bag mostly. Just so that I have it if I need it.

So, wash your hands. I definitely think it is worth the 30 seconds or so that it takes to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment